Death due to a cardiovascular cause that occurs within one hour of the onset of symptoms.
- Other terms:
- Sudden unexplained death syndrome (unexplained sudden death in > 1 year age)
- Sudden unexplained death in infancy (unexplained sudden death in > 1 year age)
- Sudden arrhythmic death syndrome (SCD with negative pathological and toxicological assessment)
- Ischaemia, myocardial infarction, inherited channelopathies
- Heart failure, cardiomyopathies, valve disease, congenital heart disease
Coronary angiography :
- CAD, congenital coronary anomalies, coronary spasm).
- Ischaemia, long QT syndrome [LQTS], catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia [CPVT]).
- Induction of arrhythmia, pharmacological provocation for Brugada syndrome, LQTS, CPVT
- ARVC, sarcoidosis, myocarditis, myocardial injury from coronary spasm
Genetic testing is indicated when an inherited phenotype is detected (ARVC, Brugada syndrome, CPVT, LQTS).